Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas & Brooklyn's First Snow















We came home from California to never ending snow and ice. Another First for Brooklyn, I had to dress her up and at least get some pictures of her. Its like a Christmas Story all over again. (She's really not that big, her body only fits in like half that outfit.) Brooklyn had her first pictures with Santa this year. She ended up spitting up all over him, I wonder if that is a sign of things to come in the next few years? Christmas was a little different this year. Cory had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day which made spending time as a family a little difficult. Christmas morning he made it home in time to open presents with Brooklyn even though she had no clue what was going on. Cory and I only did stockings for each other. Finances were a little rough this year with me being out of work for Brooklyn's birth and Cory missing a month of work after having his appendix taken out the day after Thanksgiving, So Brooklyn was the only one spoiled this year. We spent Christmas morning with Cory's family so he could go play his traditional football and then I went to my family's later when he was leaving to go back to work. Every year I realize how extremely blessed we are. The amount of love that is shown to us not only through out the whole year,but especially at this time of year is incredible to me. I cant even imagine how it came to be that we are so truly fortunate, especially when I compare our lives to those truly in need. The Lord has given us so much and I am so grateful for the answers that come from prayers and blessings. Brooklyn is truly our miracle and the only gift I needed for this Christmas.

1 comment:

Carly said...

WOW!! She is amazing! You have so many beautiful dresses for her. I can't believe her snow suit! I LOVE it!!! Really I can't get over how roly poly she is in it! :) Congrats to you and Cory! She's incredible! :)